Press Conference of 2017 3rd FMA CHINA Guangzhou Purchasing Trade Fair Was Successfully Hosted in May in Shanghai
China Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Association (CIQA), associated with Shanghai Golden Commercial Exhibition Co. Ltd., held the 3rd China International Food, Meat and Aquatic Products Exhibition 2017(FMA CHINA 2017) press conference in Pudong Kerry Hotel on the morning of May 16, 2017. Wang Junbing, Secretary-General of China Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Association, Xiao Wenqing, Food Inspection Department Director of Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, Jin Quan, President of Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Association, Yang Jianzhuang, General Manager of Shanghai Golden Commercial Exhibition Co. Ltd., were present at the press conference. World Meat Organization, German Meat and Dairy Association, Danish Agriculture and Food Council, JBS, China Food Industry Journal, Foodmate, Ifooday, Fishfirst, New Food Culture, and representatives of international meat enterprises and news media, nearly 200 people attended the conference.
FMA CHINA Purchasing Trade Fair, as an important exhibition approved by AQSIQ and Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China, was also strongly supported by World Meat Organization, relevant country’s associations and global famous enterprises. At the meeting, Wang Junbing, Secretary-General of CIQA first delivered a welcome speech; Xiao Wenqing, Food Safety Supervision Director of Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, expressed a high degree attention to FMA CHINA and introduced Shanghai Port's management situation of imported meat products on behalf of AQSIQ ; Guilaume, Roue, Chairman of World Meat Organization, Yzerman, Chairman of German Meat and Dairy Association, Mr. Bassem Akl, Technology Director of JBS Brazil , Lao Jiuchi, Chief Representative of Danish Food & Agriculture Council, on behalf of world meat organization, industry associations and enterprises, respectively made a speech. They all believed that FMA CHINA in the past two years has benefited their enterprises a lot, so they would continue to support the exhibition, and put more energy into organizing companies to participate in the exhibition in 2017. It is due to the full support of government, enterprises and major international organizations that FMA CHINA has reached today's achievements, and it will be steadily step forward in 2017.
Wang Junbing, Secretary-General of China Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Association
Guilaume, Roue, Chairman of World Meat Organization
Xiao Wenqing, Director, Division for Supervision on Food Safety of Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau
Yzerman, Chairman of German Meat and Dairy Association
Mr. Bassem Akl, Technology Director of JBS Brazil
Lao Jiuchi, Chief Representative of Danish Food & Agriculture Council
At the end of the conference, Gong Xuejuan, Project Director of Shanghai Golden Commercial Exhibition Co. Ltd., introduced the preparations for the 2017 3rd FMA CHINA and played the video of last year’s exhibition review
Ms. Gong focused on the 7 highlights of FMA CHINA 2017:
1. Time advantage: This year's exhibition time was selected under the market demand of the representatives. September 19-21 is the product-buying and centralized purchasing season for China's catering ingredients and staple agricultural products. According to Chinese customs and traditional consumption habits, every year after October 1st is the time for Chinese people to hold all kinds of banquets, thus all Chinese catering enterprises have entered season of sales. September is the sales season for Chinese catering ingredients purchasing and stocking, and also the best period for overseas catering ingredients and fresh products to expand Chinese market.
2. Geographical advantage: Guangzhou, as the biggest distribution center of Chinese middle and high-end imported fresh food, has Asia's biggest frozen food wholesale market - Luo Tang, China’s largest aquatic product wholesale market - Huang Sha fishery transaction market, and China’s largest fruit wholesale market- Jiangnan fruit market. Railways in Guangzhou-- Jingguang railway, Beijing- Kowloon railway, Guiyang- Guangzhou railway and Luoyang- Zhanjiang railway, run through the entire China, Hong Kong and Macao. High-quality frozen, fresh food and fruit are continuously shipped across the country through the above three markets. In addition, the rich food styles and various kinds of "Eating in Guangzhou" will provide a wide space for the development of imported food and fresh ingredients enterprises.
3. Increased exhibition area: On the basis of the former two sessions’ success, the total exhibition area is 50,000 square meters, divided into 10 themes exhibition area: 1. Imported Food, 2. Dairy, Fruit and Vegetables, 3. National Pavilion, 4. Meat, 5. Aquatic Products, 6. Cold Chain Logistics, 7. Detecting Instrument, 8. "Three Same" Products and Organic Food, 9. Provincial Pavilion, 10. Catering Ingredients
4. Rich meeting content: We will hold the 3rd International Import & Export Food Policy, Laws and Regulations Summit the day before the exhibition opening ceremony. This year's summit will particularly invite the delegates of World Animal Health Organization-Office International Des Epizooties (OIE) and FAO to deliver a keynote speech. The meeting will continue to focus on the analysis of Chinese imported food policies and regulations, quality and safety of Chinese agricultural products, analysis on hygiene register system of overseas imported food processing enterprises, on smuggling regulations of food import clearance, China import and export food safety regulatory policies, and introduction of other food export policies and regulatory system. During the exhibition, we will also hold "One Belt One Road" Characteristic Industry Forum, Series of Symposium of Main Export Country Meat Products , Laws and Regulations Forum on Quality and Safety Control of International Aquatic Products, International Cross-Border E-commerce Forum and Buyers Meeting, China Dairy Summit, Food Detecting Equipment and Technical Seminar, Chinese Made "Same Line, Same Standard and Same Quality" Enterprise Development Forum, International Aviation Food Hygiene Supervision and Quality Control Seminar, Organic Food Forum, Creative and Special Dishes Competition, International Tourism Catering Service Buyers Meeting etc.
5. Government Docking: During the exhibition, we will work closely with Guangdong government. With the resource advantage of the government, we will organize local related enterprises and industrial parks to dock with exhibitors, and provide policy convenience to the enterprises settled in Guangzhou through the government.
6. Organizing of professional audience: During the exhibition, as long as within 4 hours driving range, we will provide free buses for professional visitors. Besides, through deep cooperation with industry organizations, the local catering associations will organize their members to visit the exhibition and purchase products.
7. Visit and investigation: On the last day of the exhibition (September 21st), Shenzhen Bureau will invite exhibitors to Shenzhen Yantian Port to visit and dock with enterprises.
In addition, the press conference was strongly supported by APK-INFORM. We would like to demonstrate our sincere appreciation! We wish FMA CHINA 2017 a great success! We look forward to seeing you in Guangzhou this September!